Key 2011 findings include:
- Women represented 21.7% of guests on Sunday morning news talk shows airing on NBC, CBS, ABC, CNN, and Fox News
- Women comprised only 18.1 % of all radio news directors
- The 100 “most important radio talk show hosts in America” [selected by the editors of Talkers magazine and industry leaders] included only 13 solo women hosts and 3 women who co-host shows with men
- In sports news, women represented 11.4% of all editors, 10% of all columnists, and 7% of all reporters
- Of the top 250 domestic grossing films, women were 5% of the directors, 14% of the writers, 18% of the executive producers, 25% of the producers, 20% of the editors, and 4% of the cinematographers
- In the key behind-the-scenes role in entertainment television, women were 18% of the creators, 22% of the executive producers, 37% of the producers, 15% of the writers, 11% of the directors, 20% of the editors, and 4% of the directors of photography
Full report here.